Tuesday, May 1, 2018

CS Blog Hop April 2018 Shibori

So it is not quite April but ... Kay's spoiler has appeared on the blog and who can resist playing around with those colors!!!

This month I have decided to use a template which came from Jana Oliviera.

























I think that the colors from the kit will make a great layout based around this template.  I personally love playing around with brushes and Jana has made a really nice layout here using brushes.  There is of course, no guarantee that this will remain the way it currently looks but bear with me while I start playing around.

Also open on my computer right now is Kay's spoiler blog post so that I can make color selections directly from it.

























To make use of the template, I think that using clipping masks and additional layers will work well.  The background for this is going to stay white for the time being.

Select your first color using the eyedropper tool and then make a new layer and fill using the selected color with the paint bucket tool then go to layers>create clipping mask>enter and you get something that looks like this.

























It is amazing how just one step can change the whole feel of something isn't it?

Continue doing the same procedure until you have built the background using selected colors from within the Shibori kit.

OK - moving on, I have got to this point.  Some things have moved, some have disappeared and a photo has been added.

























I do like the slight curvature to the right side of the photo and I like the drop shadow for this as well but now I think I want to put a small and very light vignette on the photo.  Below you can see I have added a light shadow style vignette.

























The vignette ended up being a bit heavy so I erased parts of it and also made a new title using a free font from Dafont called Moyko.

























Now all I have to do is wait until Monday to finish this  layout and blog post.

Oh Joy!  The kit is here!!!

Installing it now and I do so hope that there are lots of things for me to use to finish this layout!

Here you can see that I am beginning to build the layout with embellishments from the Shibori kit.

























Still building the layout, I am now using a slightly recolored flower from the Blues which came out in May of 2015.

























Also used above is the texture stamp as a brush to add a little more color to the background.

I just decided to move the title and this one is finished and so is my blog entry.  I do hope you like what I have made here and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Here is the finished layout.

























Enjoy the hop!























No comments:

Post a Comment