I decided to open up all the components of Vintage Botany and see what I could come up with in the way of a tutorial/project. So far, I have been recoloring all the components except for doing the idea deck challenge this month.
So here goes.
In my vast stash of photos, I found this one.
So this blog entry is going to be a layout.
As always open a new 12" x 12" blank canvas at 300ppi with a transparent background.
Now drag the photo onto the blank canvas.
I have removed some of the left side and sky of the original photo.
Here you can see that I am beginning to build my layout. Instead of using one of the backgrounds, I made a new one using the purple color from the backgrounds provided. I then made 3 layers and "stamped" on each one using the dandelion stamp and a selected color from within the photo.
At this point, I felt that the photo was too angular so I applied a mask from my stash.
Now to add some embellishments. Also, I played around with opacities for each of the layers as well.
Finally, I used the same stamp to add some further interest on the print layer. I do hope you like my layout and will continue to visit my blog each month.