Tuesday, October 24, 2017

CS Blog Hop October 2017 - Scandinavia

Hello everyone

You have probably all noticed that I did not manage to complete a blog post for September.  This is the first time since CS has been running a blog hop that I have not participated.  I just ran out of time so this month I am yet again starting early.

Hopefully by starting early, I will actually have something done in time to add to the linky party in the blog hop.

Anyway, here we are a few days later and I noticed Wendy Bellino has a new challenge up for the technique this month.  http://clubscrap.com/forums/topic/1017-technique-challenge/ so I have decided to try to make something for this challenge.

Here goes.

Open up everything Scandinavia!  I also opened a blank 12" x 12" background and pulled in one of the overlays which I also resized.

























Looking at what I have started, it seems that I am going to remove some of the elements from this overlay and go from there.  This is what I came up with.

























I have added a bird and resized it and at this point decided that this should not be a 12" x 12" layout but a card.  So I will be resizing it a bit later bu first I need to add a saying.

Perfect, there is a saying on a tag that works really well with this so I added it beneath the bird and made it look as if the bird was carrying it.

Added some layer styles to give some dimension and selected a background color from the quad print.

























Now to resize for a card.

Flatten the layers.  Make a new black document and pull in the flatted card front.  Resize to fit and I actually added a couple of colored layers behind the card front and a paper tape to finish off the card.

























And there it is.  I hope you all like it.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Kay - this is such a delightful kit that I actually ordered paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette I love all the dimension that is created with the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart Julie - thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, Annette! I love the dimension.

    ReplyDelete